This is our first Fall in our new house and we are loving it. Here in Florida we hardly ever see good leaf bearing trees. We have tons of neighborhoods in which the developers decided trees were not necessary. I completely disagree but what can you do. Oh I know...buy a house from the 1960's when trees mattered. Our beautiful tree in our front yard does not shed as much as we like but it gave us our first humble pile of leaves and we enjoyed every minute of it. The day was a gorgeous 70 degrees..yes It is ok to be jealous, and we decided to spend some quality time with Shaylyn while the boys were at school. Shaylyn had such a great time jumping in the leaves and throwing them around. Cr tried to make a makeshift foot swing but he later decided it would not work and took it down, but not before having some fun with it. Anyway it was a great afternoon.
Murphy on a nice day.
I LOVE having a mailbox with our name on it. It reminds me that it is not a dream and it really is OUR house=)
Our Humble leaf pile before it was malled by Shaylyn.
Look at that smile, you know she is 7th heaven. This is seriously the first time she has experienced a leaf pile in the fall. We have never lived someplace that had a big tree before.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Fall Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love it. I love raking and enjoying the leaves. I grew up with never raking until Ricks College. Can you believe it? That's how to teach your kids that a chore is fun ... prevent them from ever doing it.=) It's one of my favorite chores ... until we get to the putting in a bag part. I usually forget that part until spring. I guess it's a good thing we don't ever live where it snows.=)
I'm so with you on the buy an older house bit. The house we're renting is 30-50 years old and the reason we chose it was because of the backyard and the plethora of trees. We went looking at model homes the other day (it's so much fun to look and get decorating tips, etc.). We hadn't even talked about it but I overheard Glen telling his parents on the phone that he doesn't think we'll go the new development/build your own house thing. It's so much more fun to find an older house with real character that's already worked out the kinks and has the mature trees. He must've read my mind. I love the garden;) Merry Christmas to you guys.
As for the game night every week ... I'm so envious. When you listed those games, boy you guys go for the complex ones. You are so our kind of people. We've only tried Carcasonne with the 2 of us (it lost it's fun being the same game over and over again) so we'll have to try it with another couple. Puerto Rico is lots of fun too. Have you tried Power Grid or Caylus? Caylus I'm nervous to introduce to others but I love it. Wish you were here or we were there. That would be fun. Miss you girl!!!
If you come and visit, Brian would be MORE than happy to let you rake leaves. He got to do it twice a week for a month and a half!
Post a Comment