Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas

Yeah Christmas. What can I say except that it was great.It was our first Christmas in our new house. We were so proud of the decorations and just the fact that we had something to call our own and enjoy the holidays in. We did just have a little tree on top of my living room wall table but it fit just fine and it was still beautiful.

This is a picture of the tree the after santa had come but before the kids woke up.


Murphy always has to stick her nose somewhere it doesn't belong!

We usually have this thing at our house where when the kids wake up whatever time that may be we get up and open presents immediately. We started that when we had kids because I remembered always going to other extended family's homes and in the morning we( the kids) would wake up early and be so anxious to open presents but we always had to wait for everyone to wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast...etc. the whole time we were just dying to open up presents and I would always be so mad( as a kid of course). So I vowed when I had kids I would never make them wait...and luckily I married an amazing guy who is game for whatever his wife wants and has always been a great sport about it and I think he has enjoyed it as much as I have. One year when it was only Chace and Makai around yet, we were opening presents at 4:30 am..No I am not kidding and we LOVED every minute of it and we were back in bed asleep by 10am!!=) Anyway, this year we went back a little now that the kids are older and we said no earlier than 6:30am. Cr and I set the alarm and got up at 6:20 and wouldn't you know it at 6:31am the boys were up and ready. We told them they could open their stocking but they had to wait for sissy to wake up. Lucky for them she was up at 7.

These are the boys literaly 5 minutes after they got up at 6:30 am...how in the world do guys do it? Looking so alive that early?





Now take a look at Shaylyn's 5 minutes awake picture and she still has morning bags under her eyes and her hairs a mess.. Its just not fair!



Opening Presents..Fun, Fun.





Santa brought a Guitar Hero Game. I have to admit I think Mom and Dad have enjoyed it the most. We wait til the kids are in bed and rock out( quietly of course ) =)



1 comment:

jamiegilson said...

That looks like so much fun. Your house is so cute and I'm only seeing the front room there. Isn't guitar hero so much fun! Glen borrowed it from someone at work and also borrowed rock band. We had lots of fun but finally had to say goodbye.
Growing up my family was an up at the crack of dawn family but Glen's family was an open stockings only before the big breakfast. Then they had to wait for everyone to get ready for the day before crowding around the tree and slowly opening all the presents one by one. I don't think I would've been able to stand it as a child. Thankfully my kids are o.k. with Glen's way cuz that was the way that got voted around here. I'm the only impatient one I guess.=)