Finally...I know! Well these are some of the before pictures. We painted and decorated before we moved in. It took forever. I am trying to keep my house clean long enough to take after pictures to post. I will do that soon.
This is a picture of my living room. I was standing in the small hallway leading to the kitchen. We painted a orangy-beige on the walls except for the one accent wall we painted forest green.obviously that is our front door. We had some of shaylyn's bedroom furniture in the living room while we did her room so ignore the white furniture.
This is still the living room but this picture shows the accent wall and the hallway leading to the bathroom. I am going to ( when I can afford it) order from my friend Beth who does uppercase living. i am going to get the wall sticker that says "Family" and put it on the top of my accent wall and then hang some white photo frames with some black and white pictures in them.
This was the master bedroom that we decided to give to our boys and we took the larger back room. If you look at the picture above you can see the entrance to shaylyn's room and the boy's room is to the left if Shaylyn's.We painted the same orangy-beige from the living room in their room too. We decided to do an accent wall with the blue which matches the boys comforter sets. When it was done it came out so nice.It looks ven better with the boys furniture in it. Once again ignore the furniture in their room. This was actually shaylyn's tall dresser and Cr and My long dresser. We just had not move it to our rooms yet.
This last picture is of Shaylyn's room not even close to being finished. We had only put the primer on at this point and I taped the border on just to get an idea of where we wanted it. We ended up doing a two tone room for her. We did a dark purple on the bottom of the wall and a lighter purple on the top. We then seperated the two with the princess ribbon border. Her room is all girl and very beautiful.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
House Renovations/ Painting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
The painting job looks great. I love the accent walls. How bold of you! I can't wait to help you pick out vinyl lettering for your house. It is so fun! You can also make the kids names to put in their rooms. Lots of fun stuff and I can't wait to see the "after" pictures:)
I love the colors. I can't wait til we someday are settled down long enough to own a house so we can choose colors too. Although we tried green in our last house ... thought it would turn out more sage but it was a forest green. Not a pretty forest either. Bright green and totally didn't match the comforter set we'd tried matching it to. Next time, we'll probably get some advice before we venture picking colors on our own. Did I mention you guys did a great job?!=)
Post a Comment