Thursday, May 29, 2008

Camping

So I finally decided to take the time and write about several things that have taken place the last week or so. The first is I promised to write about our camping trip.Well it was a lot of fun but also a lot of work. I love camping ( no idea why, because it so much work)but even this last trip was a stresser for me. I think alot of that was because Cr had to work so he did not stay Friday night with me and I had 3 kids and a dog by myself. I know, I am crazy. That night the kids had a great time earning their astronomy beltloop by using a telescope to look at the stars.They also saw several night animals including a few owls. They loved that. We turned in around 10:30 pm.It was quite warm being May in Florida so it was a bit hard for all of us to fall asleep.Then Shaylyn woke up several times during the night.Anyway I did not get much sleep.The morning was great. We made omeletes in a bag. You put your eggs and all of your ingredients except the cheese in a bag and then you mix it up and boil it in a big pot. It takes about 10 minutes and they come out light and fluffy and oh so yummy. Shaylyn loved doing her omelete. After Breakfast the boys all went on a hike. They saw alot of great animals and habitats.Shaylyn and I took a nap while they hiked. The boys got to play games and do all kinds of fun stuff. We learned about maps and compasses and learned a new game. We had lunch and played some more. That evening we had foil dinners and roasted hot dogs over the fire. The kids realy liked doing that.They also practicedplaying mini golf because that evening we were going to play glow in the dark golf. We decided to pack up and leave beforethen. I was so tired and the dog and the kids were covered from head to toe in dirt ( which you can see in the pictures) and I wanted to get home and clean them up before it got to late.All in all it was a great time.

Shaylyn making her omelete in a bag





Shaylyn showing us her yummy watermelon she had at lunchtime





Makai eating his yummo lunch!!





"Mom, don't take pictures of me while I eat!!"



Say Cheese for the camera dirty people!





Practicing Mini Golf!!Fun,Fun!







Dirty, Dirty Dog!!!

No comments: