MAKING STRAWBERRY JAM=) YUMMY !!!!!
Well I decided to take a leap and after going to a food storage how to class on Jam making I tried it myself. I loved it. The first batch came out horrible of course but the the following 3 came out beuatifully. The first one is going to be used for ice cream etc. because it did not set properly.
This is the Sure Jell that is used to actually make the jam set and jell.
These are the jars I got from Wal mart. You heat them up so that when you put the hot jam into them they wont break. It also helps them to seal.
The last batch I did after the kids had come home from school and I thought it would be fun if they all got to help. I love the idea of them helping because it is something I think they should learn to do and what better way than actually doing.
Our Gorgeous bowl of Strawberries
Chace's job was to cut the tops off of the strawberries.
Makai's was to dish out the sugar.
Shaylyn's job was to blend up the strawberries. We don't like chunks in our jam so blending it was our way of eliminating chunks=)
SMILE!
These are some of the jars upside down waiting to seal.
These are the final product. Amazingly yummy for our first attempt. We can't stop eating PB&J. It is that good.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Food Storage Part 3 of 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You turn the jars upside down to seal? I've never heard of that or is that special for the jam?
Post a Comment