Thursday, March 5, 2009

Primary Temple Trip



On Saturday the Primary took a field trip to the temple. We met at the Chapel building across the street from the temple and had doughnuts and muffins. They were Krispy Kreme!! Yummy!







Then we went over to the temple and met with the temple president. He took the kids around to the side and sat them down on the stairs. He talked to them about the temple and the things that are special about it. He talked to them about some of the things we do in the temple. It was so sweet to see all the kids there listening to the president speak.





Then the kids all went over to the side and we took pictures of the kids and their families because the primary presidency was going to print them and put them in frames for the kids. These are some pictures I took while we waited for our turn.

This is Shaylyn and her little friend Jordan.



Shaylyn decided she was tired and so she plopped herself down on the Temple grass.



Shaylyn and her cute self



After we had walked around the temple I asked the kids if they wanted to take some pictures in front of the house of the Lord. They said yes and these are the pictures I took.

Makai has such a great personality and he wanted to look like a Missionary in front of the Temple. I think he looks like a very confident little missionary.









I have a very cute little story from our Temple trip. I talked to the kids before we got there to remind them that it is the House of the Lord and that we needed to be reverent even outside. I wanted to make sure they understood how they were to behave. When we got to the Temple Shaylyn had to use the restroom, so we went into the Lobby.I watched her looking around and I wondered what she was thinking. A few moments later she asked me " Mom, Where is Jesus?" I said he is upstairs and you have to be a big girl to go upstairs. She processed that for a moment and then said that she was a big girl and she wanted to go upstairs and see him. When I explained again about not being quite big enough she seemed to be ok with that. A while later after the President was done speaking to the children she said, " Mom, I need to ask Jesus something, can I just go upstairs for a second? Please Mom."I thought about what I was going to say and after trying to explain eventually she realized that it was not possible for her to go upstairs and she stopped asking but it was just so great for her to have such faith to know that when I said he was upstairs she knew he was. I am grateful i went to the Temple with my kids that day because it reminded me to have the faith that Jesus really is there and that I need to go more often to be able to be with him.

No comments: