Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Basket Drama

So I have to write about easter. What a wonderful holiday.I try to think of the reason for the season and teach my kids that it is not all about the bunny and the easter eggs.I think they understand as best that they can for their age but they still of course want to participate in the easter festivities and look forward to the easter bunny's arrival.This year was a lot of fun. The easter bunny decided to hide Chace and Makai's baskets and leave a easter egg treasure hunt for them to find them. So the night before we put out our baskets on the table as usual but at 4:30 am I have a hysterically crying Chace and Makai burst into my bedroom saying that someone stole their easter baskets. Did I mention it was 4:30 am!!!anyway obviously it was too dark for them to see the 2 eggs on the table with their names on them!So I gently( well maybe not so gently, I was a bit mad at the hour) put them back in bed and told them to trust the easter bunny and to go back to sleep and under penalty of death not to get out of bed again until after 7am. At 7:01 chace comes running into my room complaining that all he got was an egg. I proceeded to ask him if he actually opened the egg. He said No and I said GO OPEN THE EGG! He did and a hunt started and ended with he and Makai finally finding their baskets.Phew!!Remind me to tell the easter bunny next year to just leave the basket on the table.Anyway after that drama played out we watched the children's easter videos while getting ready for church.we had a great day at church and I loved being able to celebrate easter.

2 comments:

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Too funny. That will teach you to be a creative parent! Kids are never happy but it sounds like you had a great holiday. Nice slide show.

jamiegilson said...

I can't stop laughing. That is too funny. I'm sure it wasn't at the time, but it sure is a funny story to tell. 4:30.=) LOL!!!