Saturday, March 1, 2008

Strawberry Festival and Dinosaurs!!!!







Hey All,

Wow what a busy day we had. We went to Melbourne to spend time with family and go to the Strawberry festival and to the Dinosaurs at the zoo. First we went to the Strawberry festival. They had so many fun things to do there. The kids got to play games and of course there was the strawberries. Yumm! The boys did this balloon popping contest to see who could pop their balloon first. That was so funny because they were both afraid of the actual popping. Shaylyn's favorite is the bouncy houses and slides. She can't get enough of them. My favorite was the chocolate dipped strawberries. Cr had to work in the morning so it was just Grandma, Mom and kids for the festival.
After the festival we went to the zoo where we met Cr, his mom and grandma and we took the kids to see the dinosaurs. It is so fun. They have animatronic dinosaurs that make noise and move. The kids were so fascinated. They also made it into a story as you went through the exhibit. The story is there are three baby dinosaurs at the front who are lost. We have to go to all these different continnents and obstacles to find their mommies. All the while we have passports that we are stamping along the way. At the end they have the giant T-Rex. It was so funny because Shaylyn did not like the big T-Rex so she started yelling at it and sticking her tongue out at it. I have a picture of it in the slideshow. Then right before you exit you get to dig for bones, dig for fossils and pan for fossils. It was an educational and very fun experience. Overall we had a very fun day. My only regret was that I did not put sunscreen on myself or the baby because it is february and my mind is not on the thought of having my sunscreen with me at all times yet. Anyway I am fried and unfortunately for the first time so is my daughter. I feel like such a bad mom because that is one of my biggest pet peaves...not putting sunscreen on your kids!!!!!Anyway I hope everyone else had a great weekend. I will update again soon.

3 comments:

Rene' said...

Hey Friendddddd......call me when you get a chance so I can give you a good tongue lashing. Do you catch me drift? Tisk, tisk, tisk.

Rene' said...

I can't wait to see you Tuesday. I have many pretty dresses for Shaylyn.

Jones said...

what zoo?? doesn't look like the Brevard zoo...but it DOES look like one I want to go to!

TONS of fun!