
Yesturday we took Chace and Shaylyn(Makai was sick) to the Dark Sky Festival. It was so much fun. Everything was free, gotta love that.They had all kinds of different vendors set up to teach and educate people about the earth and other conservation ideas. They had science booths set up. They had lectures on Astronomy with telescopes set up so you could look at the stars.Then they had some really fun stuff like bouncy houses, a glow in the dark mini golf course, a bat walk, smores, ponies( that was shaylyn and my personal favorite) and all kinds of other fun things.
Shaylyn with "Teddy"
Playing Mini Golf
Picture showing the course Glow in the Dark
I loved this event because it taught my kids that science can be a ton of fun. they also learned about conservation and things they could do to help our planet and make ourselves healthier.I have recently started to " Go Green " as the saying goes. I have been doing research on buying organic and the great benefits to our health. The problem is it is very difficult to find organic/fresh foods in the regular market. Well last night I found a company that is brand new and it is all organic!!You go online and order your food every 2 weeks and you go to a reps house and pick up your order.I am so excited to be able to buy the healthy foods I have been looking for and know that they have come straight from our local farms. If anyone else is interested in finding out more about what organics means check out the website, you may not be able to actually order from them if there is no location near you but you can find out about organics, what it means and why it is so much healthier for you. The website is www.getgreenorganics.com ! Hope this helps.
Missy
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Dark Sky Festival @ Harmony, Florida
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment