Ok so I am making breakfast when my stealthy daughter sneaks into my bathroom. A 2 year old in a bathroom alone is never a good thing. Next thing I realize it is too quiet and out pops Shaylyn. "Mommy I'm Pretty". I take a look and I did not know whether to laugh or cry or get mad. Then she had such a big grin on her face she was so proud of herself that she looked pretty like mom. I can't get mad at that.
So I slowly trudge her back into the bathroom to wash off my makeup when I discover that not only did she make herself Pretty but the countertop and the mirror were now Pretty too.AHHHHHHHH!
Of Course we women all know that makeup is oil based so it was plastered to her body. I tried shampoo, regular soap, and it wasn't until I thought about the dish soap's slogan "cuts through grease" that I went and got the dish soap and finally started to peel away the pretty.She had it on her face, arms, legs, some in her hair and a little in her ear. The worst part was we were going to Cr's grandmas house that afternoon to see Cr's sister and our niece who came down from Philedelphia and here is shaylyn with beige eyebrows because no matter how hard I scrubbed I couldn't get it off the eyebrows. Wow! What a morning. Don't ask how long it took to get the makeup ring off the tub!!!Atleast I had my laugh for the day, that is until she decided she wanted to eat dry oatmeal in the living room, but that is another story.( and I wonder why I can't seem to keep my house clean)
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Mommy, I'm Pretty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
you tell her, SHE was so pretty and that bathroom, GORGOEUS!! ;) lol
...actually I think that's HILARIOUS!!
Wow- great job kiddo:) What is it with little girls and their fascination with our makeup?!?!? Can't wait for the teenage years...
Too funny and cute. Quiet is never good at any age!
LOL!!! I'm glad you found the humor enough to take pictures. Those laughing/crying moments are always the fun stories to tell. I also laughed at the keeping the house clean. Those people that can do it ... what is their secret?=)
Post a Comment