Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Chace!

Well today is Chace's 8th birthday. Where has the time gone? It seems like every time I turn around another year has gone by and I see my boy getting closer and closer to becoming a man.Next month in May he will be baptized.I am so excited for him. I think he understands what it means and is also looking forward to this day.He loves scouting. He enjoys having a goal and reaching it. Scouting helps him to do that.He is very honest.I love that about him.He knows that even if he gets in trouble it is far better to tell the truth than to lie.He will even come home from school and tell me he got a "stop and think" even when the teacher did not write a note home to me. How many kids do you know that turn themselves in even when the teacher did not think it was a big enough deal to write home about? I think that says alot about him.He loves legos!The more things he can build the better.He has a gentle spirit. I love to see him playing with his sister. The way he helps her and guides her. He will make a great Dad someday, just like his dad.He loves to read. He read all of the Magic tree house books and has now moved on to the Goosebumps books.I will catch him awake reading at 10-11 pm sometimes. I have to check on him or he would stay up all night reading because "I have to finish this one book, Mom".I remember reading those books when I was a kid and feeling I couldn't put them down either.He loves the outdoors,camping, hiking etc., just like his Mom and Dad. He is learning to love nature, to take care of it and nurture what god has given to us.He is very health aware. He will gladly choose water over soda and an apple over chips.I love that about him too.I am so proud of my son, the things he is accomplishing in his life and the man I hope he is on the path to becoming. He reminds us to read our scriptures and to pray. He helps us to learn patience and understanding.I know the Lord entrusted me with a very special spirit. It sometimes scares me that maybe I am not good enough to raise such a special son but then I know the Lord loves me and will help me to teach and guide Chace and also to be humble enough to be taught by Chace just like Mary and Joseph were taught by Jesus.I love my son and I hope his Birthday was a grand and special one.
Missy

3 comments:

Jones said...

wow, he sounds great!! any kid who choses an apple over chips has got to have GREAT parents, who love and teach him well! ;)

happy birthday!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday=)

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

He's so lucky to have you both as parents. CR is a great example of a loving father for Chace and you are too much fun!